Happy Birthday to my one and ONLY sister, Opeyemi Adebomi Medeyinlo; she’s the best sister any womb can produce and I love her to the moon and back! Happy birthday to Opeyemi Ayandare and Olamipo Durojaiye, they are one big brother and sister that have been part of my life and I respect and love them very much, they have a heart that indeed loves.
This month, my message is simple, I chewed on this, wanted to post it last month/year but felt January would be the best time to post and for you to ponder on.
I lost a colleague to earth as heaven gained a beautiful soul and people kept saying wonderful things about her; it got me thinking- when I am gone, what will people say about me?
So everyone knows 1 Peter 2:9:
“You are a chose people; a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.”
Moving further down to verse 11 & 12:
“Dear friends; I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us.”
As Christians, we need to live right; not for others to see, but ‘cos that’s what Christ would do. In these days of the e-ternet, we need not complain that there’s no time to commune with God, there’s the e-bible, e-christian books and even e-service. we need to be constantly pumped in Godly things, we are the salt of the earth; if the salt looses its saltiness; it’s just mere fine white sand.
When we are disconnected from our source of life, just like a lamp to a socket- we loose who we are. How do we become a christian with light? How do we become an electric billboard for christ? By CONSTANTLY remaining charged to God’s word and instructions. I had a fight with a colleague sometime last year and the babe said- you are a christian, you preach it, then ACT it! that rubbed me off my steam, I had to sit myself down and ask myself certain questions:
- If I am an unbeliever, would my actions draw me to Christ?
- If based on how I acted; I walk to someone to evangelize Christ; would I be called a joker?
- What does the bible say about what to do in certain situations
- If Jesus could give me immediate feedback, would I get a pat on the back or some serious scolding?
- The big one: WHAT WOULD JESUS DO (WWJD)
- You are everything (by Tye Tribett): This talks about God being our everything, our first and last- we need to ask ourselves if that’s true, when we are in situations, is God our First thought and Last thought?
- Casting Crowns (by Nathaniel Bassey): This worship song tells us; casting crowns, lifted hands, bowing hearts is what we’ve come to do- truthfully are our hearts indeed bowing to God; have we cast those crowns (our titles and co.)? Indeed those things listed are why we are here.
The more time a person spends meditating on the word, the more he will reap from the word.
Keep on praying, in the spirit, at all times with all kinds of prayers- Ephesians 6:18
What the church needs today is not more or better machinery, not new organizations or more novel methods; but men who the Holy Spirit can use- men of prayers, men mighty in prayer – E.M. Bounds.
Happy New year once again!
See you in the month that inspires poetry- February!!!
Read, Enjoy, be blessed and Share