It’s the last day in April and I will like to share what has been on my mind since the last half of this month. It’s the salvation story that took place 2017 years ago, when Jesus Christ died for my sins and yours too.
I noticed that the whole crucifixion was full of drama, this drama was unprecedented, and the people of that time should have suspected that something was up, this was beyond one man hanging on the tree. God proved that He was Omniscient when He died for our sins. The devil got served, got shown who is the boss. The devil should have suspected, but he was greedy and eager to see the son of God ridiculed, disgraced and killed that he didn’t see the bigger picture.
When Jesus made this statement; the disciples should have been alert that something major was about to happen:
“You’ve no idea how much I have looked forward to eating this Passover meal with you before I enter my time of suffering. It’s the last one I’ll eat until we all eat it together in the kingdom of God.”- Luke 22: 14-16
There are some things that are noteworthy in the drama of Jesus Christ’s ultimate sacrifice:
- He was betrayed (heartbroken): He was betrayed by one of His own- Judas betrayed Him with a kiss; this was someone He dined and wined with, shared kingdom stories, the treasurer of the lot. God allowed Judas Iscariot to betray Him- with that silly kiss of his, cause him the heartbreak/heartache so that your heart can be whole again. Jesus suffered heartache so that you, the redeemed of the Lord, can overcome any form of heartaches- emotional, financial, career. Jesus has paid the price of any form of heartache. All you need to do is speak to yourself and tell yourself- God’s Got This!
- He was denied because of fear: Imagine having your trusted friend, the one who you will readily choose as your next of kin deny you, out of fear of what could happen to him if he spoke out that he was associated with you; you will be pretty bumped right? Peter, who Jesus Christ and foreseen and said upon you I will build my church, who so loved Jesus that he sliced one of the ears of the arresters in the presence of Jesus- denied Jesus three times. Peter’s denial was out of fear, of what could happen to Him. Jesus let it happen so that you and I can be bold in Him. Our confidence stems from knowing that Christ has overcome and He has risen above every limitation, that’s why the bible tells us not to be anxious (it’s a synonym of fear):
Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God.7 And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].- Philippians 4: 6-7
3. Two enemies became friends: Herod and the Pilate were enemies, they avoided eachother, they couldn’t stand eachother, but Jesus Christ’s sake they became friends and crucified Him. God permitted this to happen, this is to ensure that all that is being plotted against you by your enemies will come to nought. God is aware that surely they will gather, surely they will agree to work together to pull you down, but rest assured that God has already paid for this
GOD will defeat your enemies who attack you. They’ll come at you on one road and run away on seven roads.”- Deuteronomy 28:7 MSG
All you need to do is tap into this scripture because surely they will gather but the Lord will sort you out.
4. He was silent: Jesus was quizzed severally, asked different difficult questions with the aim to incriminate Him but He was silent in all. God permitted that. When He was quizzed by Herod, He kept quiet:
And he questioned Him at some length, but Jesus made no reply.- Luke 23:9
He did this so that no situation will be able to silence you as a believer. Are you stuck in a position, look at the difficult situation that wants to silence you and proclaim that you are the redeemed of the Lord and Jesus Christ has suffered in silence so that no situation can silence you! Difficult situations have been crucified on the cross so that you can be free and free indeed.
5. He was replaced by a criminal- Barabbas: Jesus Christ, who had no sin, was replaced by a hardened criminal who disturbed the peace of the city and murdered! What other sins can be more disturbing in the world’s standard than taking one’s life? God ensured that He got all the sins covered so that this line – “I’m the worst sinner of all” can no longer hold. He became sin itself so that through Him you can be the righteousness of God. You have no excuse, your sin has been paid for- Full price, no debt whatsoever, just choose Him!
6. He was beaten, disgraced, mocked: A crown of thorns, a drink of Vinegar, a bespoke whip, a mocking crowd, a heavy tree shaped as a cross! Gosh, all these so that you have no excuse for being sick, disgraced or under bondage. What sickness ails you? Is your case the first of its kind? God had that covered, when He permitted the use of bespoke whips to be used on His son, the bespoke crown of thorns so that you can reign over difficult situations, a cross so heavy so that you don’t have to carry your burdens on your own. He outrightly said- cast all your burdens on me! What are you waiting for? Cast all your worries to Him, He has paid the price already.
Death could not hold Him down. Devil ensured Jesus Christ had a torturous death, he didn’t see the plot twist of Jesus Christ rising from the dead.
What God did is similar to what we do with our grocery list, He checked and ticked all the sinful and disgraceful boxes just so you can be free and free indeed and Jesus paid all these just for you!